[News] Countries Speak Out About Problems with Microsoft Monopoly Enabling Formats

The OOXML Contradictions Disclosed

,----[ Quote ]
| New Zealand (brief response): "The National Body for New Zealand
| objects to [OOXML] proceeding via the JTC 1 Fast-Track process
| because its adoption would be in breach of JTC 1 Resolution 27,
| 2000 "Consistency of JTC 1 Products."
`----

http://consortiuminfo.org/standardsblog/article.php?story=2007022819130536

Microsoft has tried the same thing with HTML, among many other technical
descriptors. Among the 20 responses listed, only Romania's is favourable (a
country that says it "built itself on piracy", according to its head).

`----

http://www.iowaconsumercase.org/011607/2000/PX02991.pdf