Re: Vista bug forces legit users to reactivate OS

__/ [ Freeride ] on Thursday 01 March 2007 03:44 \__

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2007/022707-vista-bug-forces-legit-users.html

>>A bug in Windows Vista's built-in antipiracy technology is telling some
>>users that they need to reactivate the operating system after they
>>install new device drivers or run newly installed software.
>
> Install a new printer, reactivate.
> Install a new game, reactivate.
> Blaaahaahaa! :)

In this article which I found a couple of days ago, Microsoft has, as usual,
downplayed the impact of this bug. It keeps arguing that some bug don't
affect many users, even if millions are affected (e.g. WGA locking out
innocent users). Only forums and some independent (from Microsoft) studies
expose the truth. Also bear in mind that, while about 75% of the Windows PCs
suffers from malware (close to 25% are zombies), Microsoft recently
suggested that only 2% (maybe 0.2%) are found to have malware. And don't get
me started about XBox and Zune. What a disaster, not to mention the sheer
state of denial (or lie attempts) at Microsoft.

Vista bug forces legit users to reactivate OS

,----[ Quote ]
| A bug in Windows Vista's built-in antipiracy technology is telling some
| users that they need to reactivate the operating system after they install
| new device drivers or run newly installed software.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9011858&source=rss_news50
http://tinyurl.com/3a23ou

Which relates to:

Microsoft admits Vista screwed - report

,----[ Quote ]
| Vista SP1 is code named "Fiji", presumably after a pretty looking
| island which is paralysed by coups.
|
| In a statement regarding the service pack Microsoft admits that
| Vista has "high impact" problems.

Truly. Wow. Go buy it. Now, sez Microsoft. While admitting that it's broken.
Honesty isn't part of the game when you want to please investors rather than
confused customers.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bYsxaMyFV2Y http://youtube.com/watch?v=QNb7gPA1JFk
roy      pts/1                         Thu Mar  1 01:53   still logged in