[News] Another Skype Worm Targets Windows Users

Warezov worm fiends target Skype

,----[ Quote ]
| Instead of arriving via an email attachment, the latest variant of
| the worm spreads using a bogus Skype chat message asking users to
| click on a link, which points to a hacker-controlled website
| hosting malicious codes.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/02/28/warezov_skype_im_worm/

Surely, Linux users needn't fear just visiting Web sites, unless phishing
that's motored by Windows zombie spewage is part of the process.

Related:

Websense: Skype worm on the loose

,----[ Quote ]
| Early reports indicate that the worm sends messages via Skype Chat,
| an instant-messenging tool. The messages ask recipients to download
| and run a file called sp.exe.
|
| Once the file is executed, it installs spyware that can steal
| passwords and other personal information. It also connects to
| a remote server to download additional code.
`----

http://news.com.com/2100-7349_3-6144756.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news
http://tinyurl.com/y6ll2h

Skype Reads Your BIOS and Motherboard Serial Number

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.pagetable.com/?p=27