Re: [News] Microsoft No Longer Quite So American

[snips]

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 14:30:26 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> "Dear Microsoft": An open letter to Microsoft regarding the outsourcing of
> jobs.
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Don't get it twisted: I don't have a problem with you outsourcing
> | jobs to people that will work for next-to-nothing. It's just
> | getting a bit out of hand, don't you think? I mean, there's no
> | point trying to fool me.

Hey, if outsourcing to Outter Slobovia saves a few bucks, I'm all for it.
I only have one request of any company doing this: make sure the people on
the other end not merely speak, but actually understand, the languages
they're serving customers in.

I can't count the number of times I've had to deal with some service line
twit sending my call off to the entirely wrong place because they simply
do not understand the language.

Simple example: just yesterday, I call the provider who gives us the
primary optical feed at the ISP, because one of their 5505s was acting up.
I explain the situation to him, that this is the switch that handles all
our ADSL traffic, and it's not running properly.

Next thing I know I'm talking to a tech.  I explain the situation, he asks
"What's a 5505?"

They'd put me through to residential one-line-at-a-time ADSL tech support,
whereas I'm dealing with something like 350 affected users off this box.

Gah.

--
Do not contact me at kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxxxx