[News] Linux is Becoming Dominant in Voice over IP Arena as Skype Joins in

Linux dominating VoIP devices?

,----[ Quote ]
| Trolltech says its development framework and software stack for mobile
| devices was selected by Skype as the preferred platform for Skype-certified
| VoIP (voice-over-IP) phones. Additionally, the Qtopia framework/stack has
| been used in about 40 VoIP devices, making it the "dominant Linux
| development platform for VoIP/WiFi devices," according to Trolltech.

This month:

Digium Preps Open-Source VoIP Appliance

,----[ Quote ]
| Today, Digium channel partners have to do a lot of integration
| work to build an Asterisk IP-PBX from scratch, using their Linux
| expertise to build solutions that tie off-the-shelf hardware, the
| Asterisk software and Digium's network interface cards together,
| Harvey said.
`----

http://www.crn.com/networking/197801773

VoiceCon: Avaya CEO talks about changes, competition

,----[ Quote ]
| Louis D'Ambrosio became top guy at Avaya last July, making him only
| the company's second CEO since its inception in 2000, when Avaya was
| spun off from Lucent's legacy business telephony arm...
|
| We're a Linux-based product. We have a compelling set of software
| attributes. In terms of execution, we talk about getting into
| fighting shape.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2007/030807-avaya-ceo-changes-competition.html?fsrc=rss-linux-news

a la Mobile Readies Complete VoIP Linux Stack for Dual-Mode Phones

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxelectrons.com/news/mobile/la-mobile-readies-complete-voip-linux-stack-dual-mode-phones
http://tinyurl.com/ypwkhp