[News] Microsoft Gives 'Free Samples', Tightens WGA

Microsoft offers small-business promotions

,----[ Quote ]
| At its Small Business Summit Monday, Microsoft said that small
| businesses that take part in the WGA (Windows Genuine Advantage)
| program can receive a seven-day free trial of business credit-report
| checks and a six-month trial of Microsoft Office OneNote 2003.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/infoworld/20070319/tc_infoworld/86978

Last week:

Adobe targets school kids to get them hooked on software

,----[ Quote ]
| Adobe is where the 'apps' are manufactured. These apps that have the
| power to make images appear before our children's eyes. "There were
| all these, like, stars, and they were rotating. It really captured
| my attention," said Nigel, 14, hardly more than a child, but with
| the vacant expression of a man who has spent hours looking at a
| screen. Nigel has now discovered he needs glasses.

Microsoft: 'Financial incentives' for Live Search data

,----[ Quote ]
| In an apparent attempt to boost its disappointing Web search market
| share, Microsoft is giving financial incentives to large enterprise
| customers whose employees use Microsoft's Live Search engine.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/infoworld/20070316/tc_infoworld/86900

Microsoft Exec Admits That Company Benefits From Piracy

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20070312/165448.shtml