[News] Windows Update Disables Firefox

Windows Update Follow-up | My New Policy on Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| My previous post on Windows Update disabling FireFox attracted over
| 10k readers and I guess it generated enough noise that Microsoft
| approached me for specifics.  Kudos to MS for that!  Clearly the
| issue wasn't very widespread, but several users reported experiencing
| it on this reddit thread.
|
| [...]
|
| My new Microsoft Policy: whatever dies, dies. I won't bother fixing
| it, I will let MS Bugware slowly die, and move on to better
| alternatives.  Online, whenever possible.
`----

http://www.zoliblog.com/blog/_archives/2007/3/18/2816581.html

Related:

Jim Allchin, Microsoft: You should make sure DR-DOS has problems in future :)

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://edge-op.org/iowa/www.iowaconsumercase.org/011607/0000/PX00978.pdf