[News] Microsoft Uses Poor People to Market Vista in India

Mumbai dabbawallahs charm IIT B-school

,----[ Quote ]
| For instance, Microsoft has tied up with the dabbawallahs for
| marketing computers and laptops. Wearing Vista T shirt and cap,
| they distribute Microsoft leaflets as they deliver lunch boxes.
`----

http://www.rediff.com/money/2007/mar/16dabba.htm

Also today:

Windows Media Player is Broken
http://blogoid.net/2007/03/19/windows-media-player-is-broken/

Related:

Coffee, Bollywood stars and Windows Vista - Any connection?

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has started the promotional campaign of Windows Vista with
| WOW! Not sure about other countries but at least in India, Microsoft
| is making use of Coffee and Bollywood stars.
`----

http://www.reviewsaurus.com/2007/02/10/coffee-bollywood-stars-and-windows-vista-any-connection/
http://tinyurl.com/2dlff6

The WoW is Now! - Microsoft India Corporate Anthem - Worst Song Ever?

,----[ Quote ]
| And remember - "...don't even try asking me to lend you mine, 'cause
| you only get the WoW if it's genuine..." 'Nuff said...
`----

http://www.justuber.com/blog/2007/02/12/the-wow-is-now-microsoft-india-corporate-anthem-worst-song-ever/

In India, Vista is powered by Windows XP

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://gautham.maediratta.com/index.php/2007/02/12/in-india-vista-is-powered-by-windows-xp/
http://tinyurl.com/2d6txm