[News] Is Microsoft Trying to 'Pull a Netscape' on Google?

Microsoft's Marketing Scheme: Software Credits for Enterprise Commitment

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070319/29863_id.html?.v=1

| "3. INTERNET EXPLORER: Unless specifically requested to the contrary
| by the end user of the Customer System and provided proper
| translation is available, COMPANY will ship MS Internet Explorer
| 2.0, and the most current subsequent higher version Product
| Releases and Version Releases thereof, preinstalled on all
| new Customer Systems..."
`----

http://edge-op.org/iowa/www.iowaconsumercase.org/011607/2000/PX02346.pdf

Is Windows Live dying?

,----[ Quote ]
| Over the last year, Microsoft's Windows Live service lineup has
| grown exponentially. At one point months ago, it seemed clear
| that every service Microsoft brought online would fall under the
| Live brand, but lately the trend seems to be moving slowly in
| the opposite direction. What's happening to Windows Live?
`----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/microsoft.ars/2007/2/20/7154

ECIS Accuses Microsoft of Plotting HTML Hijack

,----[ Quote ]
| An industry coalition that has represented competitors of Microsoft
| in European markets before the European Commission stepped up its
| public relations offensive this morning, this time accusing
| Microsoft of scheming to upset HTML's place in the fabric of
| the Internet with XAML, an XML-based layout lexicon forn
| etwork applications.
`----

http://www.betanews.com/article/ECIS_Accuses_Microsoft_of_Plotting_HTML_Hijack/1169824569

Software rivals say Microsoft's Vista illegal in Europe (at CNNMoney.com)

,----[ Excerpt ]

`----

http://money.cnn.com/2007/01/26/news/international/bc.vista.microsoft.eu.reut/index.htm?source=yahoo_quote