Re: [News] New Word Vulnerability Leaves Windows Exposed to Hijackers

On 2007-03-19, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:
> New security hole discovered in Microsoft Word
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Attackers can use specially prepared text documents to take full

"specially prepared" - That means it's something that almost anybody
can do by accident.

>| control of computers, warns the German Federal Agency for Security
>| in Information Technology (BSI).
> `----
>
> http://www.newindpress.com/NewsItems.asp?ID=IE320070318055211&Page=3&Title=Features+-+Health+%26+Science&Topic=166
> http://tinyurl.com/2gbu6n

I'm not going to be surprised if they eventually find this is a new
discovery of an old discovery that MS just reopened so people could
play with it some more.

--
Microsoft's relationship to its users is that of the blue whale to
krill. Our only purpose is to breed, feed and get squeezed against its