Re: [News] Microsoft Confirms Xbox Live Accounts Are Being Stolen

__/ [ AB ] on Sunday 18 March 2007 17:49 \__

> On 2007-03-18, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:
>> [Full-disclosure] Xbox live accounts are being stolen
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| I just got off the phone with a Microsoft Tech for Xbox live that has
>>| confirmed this to with me and they have stated that accounts are
>>| being stolen and that "Hackers have control of Xbox live and there is
>>| nothing we can do about it"
>> `----
>>
>> http://lists.grok.org.uk/pipermail/full-disclosure/2007-March/053032.html
>
> These guys also make products that *some* people believe should be
> trusted for security and other important things, like running trains,
> flying airplanes and ensuring people don't die in hospitals.

I have just seen this in another source, which is more reliable (I had doubts
about the first one because it's an ML). So apparently it's true. The
confirmation from Microsoft nails it. Wait until Monday when the press wakes
up...

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |  {Hide sig}    {Show sig}    >{Close Application}<
Tasks: 121 total,   1 running, 116 sleeping,   0 stopped,   4 zombie