[News] Dell Not Impressed by Windows Vista

Does Dell hate Microsoft? Yes, Vista sucks ass!

,----[ Quote ]
| Look what has been found on the Dell's web site, very promising!
|
| [PICTURE]
`----

http://hakeris.co.uk/Does_Dell_hate_Microsoft?

Related:

Acer: Vista Home Basic is a lemon

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is effectively smuggling through a price hike for Windows
| Vista - by making the entry-level version so poor that no-one will
| want to use it. So says Jim Wong, senior veep at Acer, the world's
| number four PC maker, who told UK hack Jon Honeyball: "The new
| [Vista] experience you hear of, if you get Basic, you won't feel
| it at all. There's no [Aero] graphics, no Media Center, no
| remote control."
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/10/27/acer_slams_vista_home_basic/

PC Makers Hedge on Vista Effect

,----[ Quote ]
| PC makers love to talk about the excitement surrounding Microsoft's
| new operating system. But their actions tell a slightly different
| story.
|
| More than a month after Vista's long-awaited release, some PC
| makers appear in no hurry to retire from their product catalog
| computers running the old Windows XP.
`----

http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/newsanalysis/businessnews/10344543.html?cm_ven=YAHOO&cm_cat=FREE&cm_ite=NA
http://tinyurl.com/33azf7

No Windows Vista boom expected, say Taiwan PC and motherboard makers

,----[ Quote ]
| Leading Taiwanese makers of PCs and motherboards generally think
| Microsoft's global launch of two home-use editions of its Windows
| Vista operating system, Home Basic and Home Premium, on January 30,
| will not substantially boost replacement of PCs and motherboards
| until the second half of this year, according to industry sources.
`----

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20070116PD202.html

Vista Runs Smooth Only on 2G Memory

,----[ Quote ]
| However, Dell CEO Kevin Rollins suggested otherwise on Thursday, 26 Oct at
| a speech at Shanghai's Jiaotong University. "I think they tell you maybe 1
| gig of memory is OK. No, two gigs of memory would be great."
|
| This echoes with my own experience with Vista RC2. With only 1G of
| RAM, there are many disk activities indicating heavy disk swap, a
| symptom of lack of memory in the system.
`----

http://www.itechnote.com/2006/10/27/vista-runs-smooth-only-on-2g-memory/

Vista driver issues keep Dell Blu-ray laptop on WinXP

,----[ Quote ]
| Dell's XPS M1710 notebook with a Blu-ray disc player is stuck on Windows XP
| until driver issues can be worked out, according to a Dell representative.
`----

http://news.com.com/2061-10792_3-6161548.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news

Dell's "Express Upgrade" to Vista not so "express"

,----[ Quote ]
| Dell-using Vista hopefuls are expressing their frustration at
| Dell's continued delays and problems with their Vista upgrades.
`----

http://www.engadget.com/2007/02/12/dells-express-upgrade-to-vista-not-so-express/

Dell Plays Hide-and-Seek with Vista PCs

,----[ Quote ]
| I never thought I would be saying this, but I think we have a
| Vista OEM distributor giving Microsoft the shaft. Who would
| that be you ask? Why, none other than Dell.
`----

http://www.osweekly.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2478

At Dell, Windows XP Home is $19 less than worthless

,----[ Quote ]
| Latitude D520N Duo (with FreeDOS): $984
|
| Latitude D520 Dual Core (with Windows XP Home Edition SP2): $965
`----

http://danpritchard.com/blog/2007/02/21/dell-winxphome-19-less-than-worthless/

Limited choices for Windows XP holdouts

,----[ Quote ]