[News] Windows to Linux Migration Assistant and Upgrade Wizard Work Splendidly

Ubuntu's Migration Assistant Works!

,----[ Quote ]
| The migration assistant had worked! As you can see, the Windows
| installation on the test PC really didn't get much usage from me,
| so the default Windows XP wallpaper (teletubby hill) was
| transfered to Ubuntu.
`----

http://www.michaellarabel.com/index.php?k=blog&i=116

Screenshots on page.

Upgrade Ubuntu 6.10 (Edgy Eft) to Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty Fawn)

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu 7.04 is the current development version of the Ubuntu
| operating system. It is to be released in April 19th 2007.The common
| name given to this release from the time of its early development was
| "Feisty Fawn".
|
| We can Use Two methods to upgrade Ubuntu Edgy to Ubuntu Feisty
|
| 1) Using GUI
|
| 2) Using apt-get
`----

http://onlyubuntu.blogspot.com/2007/03/upgrade-ubuntu-610-edgy-eft-to-ubuntu.html

As a reminder, the Windows XP to Vista upgrader is notorious. Almost everyone
would say that a clean install is the only way to go (opening a door to many
other problems though). There is no Linux to Windows migration wizard, so it
seems like a one-way trip. Once you leave Windows you never come back...