[News] ECT Praises OpenOffice Productivity Suite

OpenOffice: More Pros Than Cons

,----[ Quote ]
| I didn't find any bad reviews for the OpenOffice word processor,
| only a mention that it doesn't have a grammar checker. The beauty
| of open source is that you can help make the product better.
| Although the software is based on code acquired by Sun
| Microsystems, the project invites users to offer ideas,
| identify bugs and, if they're technically proficient, offer fixes.

100,000,000 OpenOffice.org fans can't be wrong

,----[ Quote ]
| Simon's official response explained the business rationale behind
| offering support for OpenOffice.org: "OpenOffice.org has becomep
| henomenally successful, Sun alone has shipped more than 70 million
| copies of OpenOffice.org 2.0," he said. "Out there, there
| are maybe 100 million copies of OpenOffice.org. It would be
| senseless to ignore that opportunity."
`----

http://www.businessreviewonline.com/os/archives/2006/11/100000000_openo.html

OpenOffice.org Issues an Invitation to Dell Computer Corporation

,----[ Overview ]
| OpenOffice.org urges Dell's CEO to respond to customer demand and
| bundle OpenOffice.org's free software alternative to Microsoft
| Office with Dell's computers
`----

http://prweb.com/releases/2007/3/prweb510567.htm

My Family Photos - and ODF

,----[ Quote ]
| [Sun CEO:] "we're working with Google to ensure interoperability
| between Google's office documents and OpenOffice documents -
| leveraging ODF as an exchange mechanism. Any document created
| in Google's office can be trivially exported to (and soon
| imported from) OpenOffice.
`----

http://blogs.sun.com/jonathan/entry/microsoft_vista_microsoft_office_and

BharateeyaOO.o: Enabling OpenOffice.org for India

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.openoffice.org/editorial/bharateeyaooo.html