Re: [News] "Welcome to Hannover, Windows Has Just Crashed"

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Friday 16 March 2007 21:07 \__

http://news.com.com/2110-1012_3-6167800.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news

>>> This is a huge issue.  I think you should have posted this separately...
>>
>> I try to limit the number of posts. Rob said 40 per day (at most).
>>

> Which is a fine thing to do, of course, but something like this strikes
> me as so important it should be up in lights and all that, rather than
> at the end of a mini-digest.

Didn't realise the importance/severity of this. Some idiot in the biz can
install Vista (if there's no ban... we have an IE7 over here BTW) and then
the biz is forced to upgrade Exchange. As usual, products that are not
backward compatible (or incompatible with one another) lead to forced
upgrades. Someone recently told me that Microsoft products are not only
incompatible with rivals' software, but also with their own. Just look at
Office.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Apprentice - fancy word for "slave"
Mem:    514480k total,   472440k used,    42040k free,     5348k buffers