[News] Steve Ballmer: Google Does "Cute Things", Microsoft Has "Robotics Effort"

Ballmer calls Google's growth plans 'insane'

,----[ Quote ]
| "Google is in the part of the cycle where they are milking," Ballmer
| said, acknowledging that's a fun stage. "That was the '90s for us...or
| I would say the '80s and '90s."
`----

http://news.com.com/2100-1014_3-6167710.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news

Sour grapes. See below.

Recent/related:

Desperate Acts [of Microsoft]

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is expected to spend $650 million next year to let the world
| know it has a shiny new search service and Web advertising network.
| That money is more than double the amount Microsoft will spend rolling
| out Vista, the new operating system that will contribute vastly more to
| its revenues.
|
| Microsoft's two-year catch-up effort in search has yielded only
| middling results. This year it dropped from 11% to 9% of all searches.
| Google handled 61% of the 204 billion searches worldwide in the past1
| 2 months.
|
| "We're late to the game. We admit it," confesses a full-page Microsoft
| ad in national papers, begging the world to try out its new Live
| search service. You almost want to hand Chief Executive Steven Ballmer
| a cup of cocoa.
|
| [...]
|
| Think of this fight as determining a few decabillion dollars of market
| value circa 2010. The current figures are $147 billion for Google and $284
| billion for Microsoft.
`----

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2006/1127/044a_print.html

Microsoft Befriends Google's Foes

,----[ Quote ]
| After a government- and monopoly-inspired period in which Microsoft had
| to pretend to be a gentle force for global good, the company is being
| forced to return to its ruthless roots. Ironically, it is doing this
| in part by decrying the unfair practices of a competitor and
| shamelessly sucking up to the Establishment.
`----

http://www.forbes.com/2007/03/06/microsoft-google-blodget-tech-cx_hb_0306blodget.html?partner=yahootix
http://tinyurl.com/3bewws

MSN Still Going Nowhere Fast