Re: Anyone Else Have Messed Up Posting Dates?

In article <slrneviold.2uu2.bd@xxxxxxxxxx>, bd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx says...
> [H]omer wrote:

>> IIRC Microsoft use some proprietary "standard" for NTP that breaks
>> compatibility with proper NTP servers, so (again IIRC) Windows is set to
>> poll something like "time.microsoft.com", but if you change it to one of
>> the standard pool servers it won't work.

> Nonsense. I have a FreeBSD machine set up as a "proper" time server (ntpd)
> for my local lan (it is synchronized with several Internet time servers),
> and none of my XP machines (including 64bit) have any trouble syncing with
> it. Same with all the XP boxen at my work place.
>
> HTH

As I said (IIRC) this was just from memory. As it turns out, this was/is
a problem with Windows NTP *servers*, not clients:

http://lists.ntp.isc.org/pipermail/questions/2006-April/009839.html

HTHT.

--
K.
http://slated.org - Slated, Rated & Blogged

.----
| "Future archaeologists will be able to identify a 'Vista Upgrade
| Layer' when they go through our landfill sites" - Sian Berry, the
| Green Party.
`----

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) on sky, running kernel 2.6.19-1.2288.fc5
 03:39:58 up 24 days, 15:05,  3 users,  load average: 1.77, 1.56, 1.51