Re: [News] Linux PC the Size of a a Credit Card

[H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> espoused:
>> Credit Card Sized ARM9-Based Linux Embedded Computer
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | The M-501, powered by a 180MHz ATMEL AT91RM9200 RISC SoC, comes with
>> | onboard 32MB SDRAM and a 16MB Flash memory which has the Linux 2.6
>> | kernel, BusyBox utility collection, boa Web server, and various
>> | hardware device drivers pre-installed.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.linuxelectrons.com/news/embedded/arm9-based-linux-embedded-computer
>
> Good God! This is 1332sq^mm smaller than my DSL business card CD-R.
>
> Add a flash drive, touchscreen, battery, and alloy case; and you have a
> very nice, very small, very thin, Linux powered, handheld PC/PDA/DMP.

The future is /absolutely/ in these small hand-held devices.  The Nokia
770 was, to my mind, the first really good example of this new space,
since it was the first to have reliable wireless networking (wifi &
bluetooth).  My Psion5mx has infra-red, but it's not very reliable, and
although the display is good for the period, it's not up to showing
full-motion colour video or playing doom or whatever, like the 770 (or
the GP2X, for that matter).