Re: [News] Sony Uses Linux to Combat Main Rival

"Mark Kent" <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx> schreef in bericht
>> The Secret War [Between Microsoft and Sony/Linux]
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Sony and Microsoft are already in battle over video games (Playstation
>>| vs Xbox) and disc formats (blu-ray vs hd-dvd), so an OS battle could
>>| be right around the corner.
>> `----
>>
>> http://sonyprotectiongroup.com/index.php?mode=viewid&post_id=12
>>

> I'm quite certain that Sony are using the PS3 to send some strong
> signals to Microsoft.  The PS3 is powerful enough to replace the home
> computer for most people, and I'm quite certain that it will do just
> that.  My No2 son's PS3 should be with us shortly, and I'll let everyone
> know how he gets along with it.

The argument held for the PS2 as well, but it never became a PC replacement
or even the media hub Sony envisioned.

He'll be one of the very few then, I predict virtually no one will be using
their PS3 as a PC replacement.