[News] Windows Suitable Only for Experts; Linux Suitable for Beginners As Well

When Non-Experts Use Windows

,----[ Quote ]
| Now I feel the need to bring up some user stories. Today I was trying to
| help my friend fix her computer over the phone. I inevitably ended up
| driving the 45 minutes to her house.
|
| [...]
|
| Windows should be blamed for not bringing stricter accountability
| for third-party software on Windows. There are a lot of
| irresponsible programmers out there. The irony is all of the
| proprietary third party software that has been built around
| the problems caused by third party software in Windows. Yep,
| you have to spend even more money to save money if you're a
| non-expert user of Windows. I say, Windows costs more than
| what I won't spend on it. If you tout lower usability costs
| for Windows, please think twice.
`----

http://www.uvm.edu/~jrbeaure/20070314.html

Yesterday:

Four weeks with Ubuntu Linux on the desktop. Part 2: Down the rabbit hole.

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://flagrantdisregard.com/index.php/2007/03/14/ubuntu-linux-down-the-rabbit-hole/#more-699