Re: [News] Has Apple Become the Microsoft of the Music Industry?

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Wednesday 14 March 2007 16:32 \__

>> __/ [ Roy Schestowitz ] on Wednesday 14 March 2007 09:24 \__
>>
>>> Google, in the mean time, being somewhat of a Microsoft of search engines
>>> (some occasional 'monkey business'), got sued by Verizon for 1 billion US
>>> dollars, over Goo-Tube.
>>
>> Oops. Viacom, of course, not Verizon.
>
> Yes indeed.  Viacom are trying to make Google responsible for what its
> users do - a fairly standard tactic.  It would be disastrous if they
> were successful, though.

I think lenience/negligence is Goo-tube sweet _and_ soft spot. But I can't
help but feel that Microsoft is once again part of the driving forces behind
those lawsuits. Remember how much they fear Google and how they pointed
their finger at Google last week saying "hey! that company... see it? It's
evil. You should sue it". But wait a second...

Is Microsoft in a position to call other companies unethical?

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Fetch SPAM quicker than you can type 'crond start'
roy      pts/6                         Thu Mar 15 00:24 - 00:25  (00:00)