Re: Top 5 Notebooks are Linux or Unix machines

__/ [ yttrx ] on Wednesday 14 March 2007 13:27 \__

>> __/ [ yttrx ] on Tuesday 13 March 2007 17:57 \__

>>            ^'s
>>

>>> Whats the matter with me?
>>>
>>> My brain works, and it tends to think for itself and not necessarily
>>> follow the opinions of the loudest fuckheads.
>>

>> I know your type of humour, but how many people do you rub the wrong way
>> on a daily basis? And electronic correspondence is worse. Far worse.
>> There's no tone.
>>

> Interestingly, I hardly ever rub people the wrong way on a daily basis.
>
> Sure, I say all the things I say here (often with moderately cleaner
> language), but I've been told that the comically shit eating grin on
> my face tends to soften it up a bit.

Well, on the Internet nobody has a face. It's a big issue that was researched
heavilty in the past. Micommunication on the Web (or any wire) leads to
friction because 90% of it (IIRC) of communication is said to be visual. Of
course, things like WoW and Second Life change this. I know some 'zombie'
people whose life was transformed and transferred to these parallel
universes. In China, they even have boot camps to cure people. IIT recently
cut off some Internet connections because of this.

To remove ambiguity, my E-mail's introductory phrase is humourous and my
signatures always contain a greeting. We had an elaborate discussion about
this in WordPress support last year. People think we're unfriendly (or l33t
type).

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |   Apache: commercial software's days are numbered
Cpu(s):  23.0% user,   3.6% system,   0.8% nice,  72.6% idle