Re: [OT] Gary 'Flatfish' Stewart Banned from Digg

__/ [ William Poaster ] on Wednesday 14 March 2007 11:59 \__

> On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 08:49:46 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> __/ [ Peter Köhlmann ] on Wednesday 14 March 2007 08:48 \__

>>> Ah, yes. "True linux advocate" and "kernel hacker" Hadron Quark
>>> criticizes Roy for pointing out that some scum (flatfish) is setting up
>>> spoofed pages about (who would have thunk it) Roy.
>>>
>>> And naturally never even comments about the behaviour of that swine
>>> flatfish, as flatfish is one of his buddies. Nice one
>
> Of course not! You expect Quack to condemn the behaviour of another
> wintroll? Just another proof that Quack is *not* a linux advocate.
>
>> I didn't seed anything. Flatfish posted comments which ridiculed. His last
>> one was modded down heavily because people don't find that funny.
>> Slashdot's quality went down the drain by avoiding intervention, until
>> they 'cleaned up' a bit.
>
> Slashdot was regarded as a joke at one time, & maybe still is in some
> quarters. I've not read it for a long time now.

It has improved a great deal, I think. In the past (a couple of years ago),
being associated with the site wasn't flattery. Things have changed.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |   Useless fact: Women blink twice as much as men
Tasks: 109 total,   2 running, 107 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie