Re: [News] Windows and DST: Failure Stories Abound

[H]omer wrote:
>> Bang Goes the DST Time Bomb
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> Monday brought more jeers than cheers from IT organizations
>>> about daylight-saving time fixes and the immediate impact
>>> on Microsoft software.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/business_applications/bang_goes_the_dst_time_bomb.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535
>> http://tinyurl.com/ynsvra
>
> What a mess.
>
> 2 *years* to prepare for this, and MS *still* couldn't get it right.
> No simple Windows Update solution for Win2K, "Hotfix charging" at an
> outrageous $4000.00 a time,

There's no excuse for charging that kind of money - or any money, really.
They should have just made the patches for free for Win2K/XP/Server 2000 and
2003, and all versions of Outlook going back to 2000.

Sometimes MS is its own worst enemy.  Then again, they know there is no
decent alternative to Windows.

Imagine the DST nightmare if the world ran hundreds of millions of Linux
desktops, running dozens of different distros.

> and buggy patches that had little affect.

Overall it wasn't a big deal
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17580917/

>> This should quiet the trolls down.

You're the worst troll on cola, and it hasn't shut you up.