[News] Microsoft Quietly Patches Bug, But E-mails Are Gone Forever

Microsoft quietly patches Windows Live OneCare to fix Outlook problems

,----[ Quote ]
| As noted by various Microsoft watchers, the OneCare-Outlook problems are
| not new. A number of customers have been reporting "OneCare ate my e-mail"
| problems since late January.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=316

Earlier:

Quote:
----------------------
"I have just had a reply back from Devashish (Microsoft Product
Support Services), who seems to suggest that this is not a bug but a
feature," wrote a user tagged as Bestm80eva....

One user on the support thread, however, had his own suggestion of how
to fix the whole mess. "The answer to everyone's problem is to form a
class-action group and sue Microsoft immediately for the damages that
they have caused (as your e-mails have been permanently deleted I
assure you), use the money you are almost guaranteed to win from this
newest Microsoft fiasco, and buy a Mac," wrote Gozargozarian.
End quote