[News] Ubuntu Linux - Latest Success Stories

Installing Ubuntu - So easy, I may be about to join the darkside

,----[ Quote ]
| downloaded the iso for 6.10 that went pretty quickly - while I was doing
| other bits and pieces on the web, and it took a grand total of about 45
| minutes.
|
| burnt it to cd, and took it over to an older p3 that I had prepared
| earlier.
|
| chucked it in the drive, booted it.
|
| *bang* Linux up and running.
|
| [...]
|
| I'll be going offline now to install ubuntu onto my main Workstation
| (This one) and we will see how that goes.
`----

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/inane/2435

Ubuntu is a dream compared to Windoze...

,----[ Quote ]
| All in all, installing Ubuntu is very easy! When you?re done, you
| have a complete, secure, stable, running OS complete with a office
| suite (OpenOffice), web browser (Firefox), chat client (GAIM) and
| Mail client (Thunderbird). Ubuntu also starts and shuts down very
| fast compared to Windows...
`----

http://dogadder.wordpress.com/2007/03/12/ubuntu-is-a-dream-compared-to-windoze/

Ubuntu installed on the Inspiron 640m