Re: The most powerful PCs in France

__/ [ B Gruff ] on Monday 12 March 2007 17:12 \__

> Strange place, France.
>
> Strange political system....
>
> Briefly, people get a vote, they vote for whoever they wish to represent
> them, and then collectively those representative govern the country.
>
> Yep - you read that right.  Those people can actually tell Companies what
> do, and they do it!  Imagine that!  Very strange to those of you who are
> perhaps more accustomed to the Companies telling the Government what to do,
> and the Government doing it....
>
> Anyways, if you can imagine this strange set up, it's not too difficult to
> see who owns The Most Powerful PCs in France - they are of course the PCs
> owned/used by those representatives.
>
> As of June, they will all have new computers.
>
> Those computers will be loaded (all 1,154 of them) with Free (Libre -
> that's French for Free when it means "as in freedom") software, including
> OpenOffice, Firefox and a Free (Libre) e-mail client.
>
> The Operating System? .... Linux
>
> ....the Distribution?............ ubuntu:-)
>
> http://fridge.ubuntu.com/node/814/

Yes, yes, that's what they say. They have chosen Linux 6.10 to run all this
'commie code' and now there will be no supervision. No more will our heroes
in the NSA be able to keep track of the ministers. Isn't that just shocking?
It's the beginning of the end for the sane world....

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Proprietary, lockin-based tools lead to regrets.
Doc[umehttp://Schestowitz.com  |    RHAT Linux     |     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  8:05pm  up 1 day  4:08,  8 users,  load average: 0.96, 0.42, 0.15