[News] Avid Windows Guys Gradually Becomes a Linux Guy

My Journey to Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm a Windows guy, I've always been a Windows guy. Windows today is more
| stable than ever. Seems now would be the best time of all to be a Windows
| guy. Slowly but surely though, I'm becoming a Linux guy.
|
| [...]
|
| So I find myself using all open source non Microsoft tools for everything
| except for the server's operating system. Having become quite comfortable
| on the command line, it finally hit me, stop screwing with all these
| problems on Windows and try Linux again. Setting up new Seaside services on
| Windows is a multi step pain in the but. I'd thought I'd give a Linux a try
| and see how far it's come since the last time I tried it. Boy was I
| surprised. In the next post I'll detail my experience setting up a Linux
| server for hosting Seaside.
`----

http://onsmalltalk.com/programming/smalltalk/seaside/my-journey-to-linux/

Also new:

The big switch!

,----[ Quote ]
| I've done it. Windows has gone bye bye!
|
| Edubuntu is the new love of my IT life.
|
| [...]
|
| Now I have a beautiful operating system that doesn't require me to
| run a zillion unknown applications. I don't have to worry about
| viri (Tigger says the real geeks use viri as the plural of virus
| :) ) or spyware. It's beautiful. I love it.
|
| By the way: the whole installation (not including importing stuff
| and such) took about 20 minutes. Ever installed Windows yourself?
`----

http://dailydog.be/archives/737

Last week (from Microsoft MVPs):

An Open Letter To Jim Allchin (from Chris Pirillo)

,----[ Quote ]
| Jim,
|
| Congratulations! Seriously. I'm glad that you finally got Windows
| Vista out the door, but I'm equally as thrilled to know that you're
| working on releasing SP1 by the end of this year.
`----

http://blendout.blogspot.com/2007/03/open-letter-to-jim-allchin-from-chris.html

Vista - Even The Experts Are Giving Up On It

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.lockergnome.com/nexus/blade/2007/02/28/vista-even-the-experts-are-giving-up-on-it/