Re: Free/OS Software Encourages Software to Improve, Cutomers Honoured

  • Subject: Re: Free/OS Software Encourages Software to Improve, Cutomers Honoured
  • From: flyer <flyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 23:39:56 -0800
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
In article <1173525830.867514.117510@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
TruckSafety@xxxxxxxxx says...
> On Mar 9, 10:42 pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > "Open Source Means You Have to Be Better."
> >
> > ,----[ Quote ]
> > | How can a company give away its flagship product and still make money?
> > | Ask Red Hat, because it's doing a great job at doing just that.
> > |
> > | [...]
> > |
> > | But I digress. With Red Hat Linux, what you see is what there is.
> > | There's nothing sneaky. You don't to set up a special server to
> > | calculate your software license costs and to monitor compliance. You
> > | don't need to phone home to the mother ship for permission for every
> > | little thing. Service contracts are priced per machine, not per CPU
> > | or CPU core. The stormtroopers, pardon me, that's such a common typo
> > | that I make all the time, I mean the Business Software Alliance (BSA)
> > | won't raid your premises, turn your business inside out, and then
> > | demand tribute. Red Hat doesn't treat customers like enemies, and
> > | they don't put up artificial barriers to lock customers in.
> > `----
> >
> > http://www.enterprisenetworkingplanet.com/netos/article.php/3664736
>
> Open Source means you are a Geek who spits in the faces of your
> customers. You whine about Microsoft predatory practices then impugn
> your credibility by claiming Microsoft has no market share.  Your
> documents take forever to download from the internet.  The dates,
> scope, and applicability of your documentation is vague and
> inconsistent.  You beat your chest, hang from a tree by one hand, and
> eat your banana.  You are a zoo exhibit.

Woops. Getting a little tired of that MS nose ring. Hurts huh?

Why not just admit MS played you for a sucker, and then get on with your
"life."

You could run a digital watch maybe, use the "time of day" OS. But you
can't recognize a real OS little shillboy.

Go away. You're posting on the wrong group.