Re: Well lookie here. XP fine on the time change but Linux took a dump

  • Subject: Re: Well lookie here. XP fine on the time change but Linux took a dump
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 06:08:08 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Rob Hughes ] on Monday 12 March 2007 05:51 \__

> wjbell wrote:
>
>> Wow.  XP did fine on the new DST schedule.  AAMOF, all my Windows
>> systems did.
>>
>> Linux?  It's fallen and can't get up...
>>
>> I guess the workaround for linux is to have a couple weeks a year where
>> the time is wrong.
>>

> You did it wrong. All the linux boxes here are fine, as we all the windows
> boxes. Of course, I patched the linux boxes, but just set the windows boxes
> to UTC. Too many problems with applying the patches on windows, if you
> check around. Especially for exchange boxes, which I have.

He has a 10-year-old Red Hat server and, being the Wintroll that he is, this
is just a tease. The reality of the matter is that the news is flooded with
complaints about Microsoft's patches, even on a Sunday when the press is
quiet.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz     | Run a Linux server, sit on your hands all day
  6:05am  up  14:08,  8 users,  load average: 0.53, 0.33, 0.25