Re: dst glitch disables patch tuesday ..

  • Subject: Re: dst glitch disables patch tuesday ..
  • From: Robert Newson <ReapNewsB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 15:33:20 GMT
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

Typical, to be expected and utterly pathetic. Why should a change to
when DST is done 'affect some software packages'? The SW to do this is
already there. Its just the date that's changed!

The way everythig is so spaghettied together, it wouldn't surprise me in
the least if patching DST caused something else to break, similarly
patching something else caused DST patch to break.
| their DST-patched Exchange servers. Others, in spite of Microsoft
| warnings to apply DST patches in a specific order, are running
| into problems because they are attempting to patch Exchange
| before Windows.

Says it all.

Besides - what DST patching would Exchange need: shirley it gets its date information from the OS? ANd if not, why should order between Windwos and Exchange matter? Unless...