Re: Are they kidding?

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Sunday 11 March 2007 10:11 \__

> On 11 Mar, 05:00, "Rex Ballard" <rex.ball...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> And what about the compliance officers?  Were they just asleep when
>> the terms of the Vista license were published?  Keep in mind that
>> unless you purchase Vista ultimate, or Home Premium, which includes
>> the media players and antivirus, you are not ALLOWED to play MPEG4 or
>> MP3 media.  Attempting to do so can be a violation of your license,
>> and Microsoft has the technology to disable the license if you violate
>> the terms of the license.
>>
>> Nobody reads those EULA agreements.
>
> Well I didn't but then I don't (and won't ever) run Vista. The hour or
> so I spent fiddling with the Beta Evaluation was more time than I ever
> want to waste on that novelty-joke OS.
>
> I must admit, the restrictiveness of the EULA, that you describe above,
> surprised even me. No mp3 or mp4 on Vista < Premium!!!
>
> And apparently iTunes still doesn't work properly on Vista either.
>
> Oh dear.

C:\> AUTOMA~1.EXE
Command unknown or file not found.
C:\> apt-get install automatix
Command unknown or file not found.

Od dear indeed.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: Brazil spans 47.8% of S. America
Swap:  1036184k total,   300880k used,   735304k free,   153168k cached