[News] Commercial Open Source Company Takes Aim at Oracle and SAP

SugarCRM aims big with developers

,----[ Quote ]
| Roberts dismissed the need for another programming language - SugarCRM
| uses PHP on MySQL - but believes SugarCRM will benefit from a customer
| backlash against traditional, closed-source applications sold by SAP
| and Oracle.
|
| [...]
|
| "For us, the developer conference [comes as] we are just getting to
| the size and scale where out projects are huge... 100,000 users plus
| 1,200 paying corporations within two years. We are at that point...
| [where] you should hold good, meaningful industry events that provide
| value," Roberts said.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/03/30/sugarcrm_tools/

Days ago:

Executive departs software maker SAP

,----[ Quote ]
| Business software maker SAP AG said Wednesday top executive Shai Agassi,
| once considered a potential successor to Chief Executive Henning Kagermann,
| would leave the firm to pursue interests in alternative energy and
| environmental policy.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070328/ap_on_bi_ge/germany_sap

'Boring' SAP Dismisses Open Source Threat

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.computerwire.com/industries/research/?pid=957082A8%2DB43F%2D44B8%2DA0CC%2D29CFA8CF468F