Re: Old Windows Junk... New Linux Servers

__/ [ Jerry McBride ] on Saturday 31 March 2007 03:50 \__

> I trash picked 5 old DELL OPTIPLEX GX50 this afternoon... All sport 1.2ghz
> celeron processors and 512meg memory... They all work.
>
> "What's the problem?" you ask...
>
> The client say there were fine with windows 98se, but too slow with windows
> XP and not upgradeable to Vista. Therefore... junk....
>
> By this time tomorrow, they'll be running Linux. First task, a GCC
> compiling farm... Boy! This is going to be fun.
>
> Life with windows... You gotta love this stuff....

These boxes would almost be an upgrade to what I currently have at home.

Burn, burn, burn. Got to keep up with those purchasing cycles that keep the
economy going, the cheap labour in the east alive while Earth gradually
deteriorates. More destruction at the expense of those who cannot afford to
keep up. Of course, intra-software incomptabilities (versions) are part of
the equation as well. Replication takes precedence over reuse.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |   Useless fact: Women blink twice as much as men
roy      pts/3                         Fri Mar 30 08:19 - 08:20  (00:00)