Re: [News] Even Sun Microsystems May Be Trying to Imitate Linux

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Friday 30 March 2007 08:35 \__

>> __/ [ Mark Kent ] on Thursday 29 March 2007 17:28 \__
>>
>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> At the very least, it's a clear recognition that Linux is the "kewl"
>>> play of the moment.
>>
>> Maybe they want to create a Debian 2.0.
>>

> Well, Ian Murdock was responsible for half of the name :-)

I did a few searches to remind me if Ion (not Ian) is an existing, possibly
Web-based, operating system (think 2.0). There are about a dozen Web
operating systems that get noticed. Anyway, I think Ion was just a separate
project that does fit the scale of something like an O/S... so maybe Debbie
can marry Ion and make something robust out of it.

Debsun OS?

Sunian?

OpenDebbie 10?

Okay, this is getting strange. Need some tea...

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz     | Open minds, open source
roy      pts/3                         Fri Mar 30 08:19 - 08:20  (00:00)