Re: MS Keeps Secret Dossiers on People!!!!

__/ [ Karen Hill ] on Wednesday 28 March 2007 20:21 \__

> X-No-Archive:yes
>
> A reporter is accidentally given the dossier compiled on him!  Here
> are some choice quotes, with even more amazing stuff in the actual
> article.
>
> "It also was strange to see just how many resources are aligned
> against me when I write a story about Microsoft."
>
> "there were close to a dozen other people involved...Some transcribed
> the interviews I conducted; others kept notes on my every utterance
> for clues about what questions I might ask next and ultimately what my
> story would say; others briefed executives with questions I had asked
> and suggested good answers."
>
> http://blog.wired.com/business/2007/03/enough_about_me.html

...And they want to pull a Google Analystics-like trick with their new
service. They also use IE7's anti-phishing capability to keep track of
everyone's online activity. Oh brother! Big brother.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Previous signature has been conceded
Tasks: 121 total,   1 running, 117 sleeping,   0 stopped,   3 zombie