Life Is Good, Enjoy The Status Quo, Roy

  • Subject: Life Is Good, Enjoy The Status Quo, Roy
  • From: John Bailo <jabailo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 16:33:33 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Roy, you seem to find extreme fault with some parts of the process, Novell, and then praise to high heaven, others.

Since you are the Weekend News Guy, I wish you would be more even handed with the whole thing.

I don't thing, as you do, that "Novell sold us out". First of all -- there is no "us". Linux is a diverse group, with different needs and interests. It's not another Borg (thank god!).

Ideally the linux community is symbiotic...I do something that's good for me, and you benefit and vice versa. It's not a game of pulling the blocks out from under the other guys castle.

That's why it works. And it's structured so that if someone does behave that way -- well, his battleship gets sunk. Automatically.