Re: [News] Brand-new Vista Machine is a "Dead Duck"

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, amicus_curious
<ACDC@xxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Wed, 28 Mar 2007 08:19:40 -0400
<460a5d71$0$21279$ec3e2dad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>> Vista on a Core 2 Duo = waste of space
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Got a Core 2 Duo with Vista on it and I hardly use it. I actually
>> | prefer using my XP machine which desperately needs XP reinstalling
>> | on it.
>> |
>> | [...]
>> |
>> | I stuck a movie DVD in the Vista machine last night and the picture
>> | quality was abysmal. I bet it?s fine on the XP machine.
>> |
>> | The Core 2 Duo is fast becoming a dead duck.
>> `----
>>
>> http://crunchysoftware.wordpress.com/2007/03/27/xp-v-vista-on-a-core-2-duo/
>
> Another scholarly blog from Crunchy Software.  What I am curious about,
> though, is why the anti-MS crowd continues to buy new computers with Vista.
> Do they do that merely to have something to complain about?  Or are they
> really buying at all?  They are complaining, though.

Complicated, isn't it?

[1] They are buying Vista because it sounds
so wonderful (who can argue with the animations on
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/default.mspx
which show a bubbled flag, a magnifying glass, a a shield,
an arrow in a circle, and two arrows in a circle, followed
by the bubbled flag again?  Woo...yeah!) then they are
reporting that it's actually XP SP3.  However, they'll
continue to buy it until it's actually different -- and
maybe a new machine to go with each time.

[2] They are buying Vista because it's wonderful, but they
are denigrating it to avoid being torn to bloody shreds
by mangy, ravenous, crazed GPL fanatics, who are lurking
even now, next to the grues, in the pitch dark areas
of the Internet.  Bring a lantern and fresh batteries --
if you dare.

[3] They know going in that Vista's going to be a piece
of crap, and want to know exactly how crappy it's going
to be, in much the same way as one looks at roadkill --
one can't tear one's eyes away, even though one's gorge
rises at the sight.

[4] It's a conspiracy by the Grays since Linux is far
easier to control using mind beams from their satellites.
The obvious solution of course is to cover the computer
with a tinfoil hat, shiny side out.  (Be careful not
to get pieces stuck into the unit proper; that'll short
things out.  Then the mind beams will turn on YOU.. :-) )

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Does anyone else remember the 1802?