Re: Stupid Windows User!

__/ [ Gordon ] on Wednesday 28 March 2007 13:51 \__

> the following posted in a Windows news group:
> (read and die laughing! - my emphasis!)
> Message ID: 60B98BAE-0079-489A-9DC7-0649FA352DD6@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> (for all the wintrolls who might try to say it's made up....)
>
>>Recently reformatted my HD and reinstalled XP Pro and all apps.  All of a
>>sudden, the Windows BSOD *Screensaver* started popping up.  Please tell me
>>how to remove this thing from my machine.  I searched for bluescrn.scr but
>>could not find it anywhere on my HD.  The BSOD screensaver is not listed
>>on the ADD/REMOVE Programs screen in Control Panel.  It does not show up
>>when I search for *.scr.

I think he has been XPified. S/he ought to be advised to run Windows only
inside a snadbox.

http://www.tsunamiduit.com/blog/2006/10/31/how-to-make-windows-fast-and-stable-video/

Not to worry. It gets better when s/he 'upgrades'.

http://yuschik.blogspot.com/2006/11/windows-vista-crashing-on-install.html

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: most popular O/S, yet not most widespread
Tasks: 111 total,   2 running, 108 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie