Re: [News] MSNBC/Newsweek: XBox 360 Heading Towards Failure?

Maverick wrote:
> DFS wrote:
>
>> Tim Smith wrote:

>>> Since you *know* this is incorrect, why do you keep repeating it?
>>

>> He's a lying, spamming idiot?

Wanna see?

> Do I *know* it's incorrect? I do not know this. In fact, since only
> Microsoft
> knows the truth and it has a history of spinning, hiding and censoring the
> truth, I would rather rely on the word of a company that has a large
> statistical sample. EA makes games for Windows and the XBox, so there's no
> real malice or motive here. It also reflects quite nicely on the $5
> billion
> in losses for the XBox (or did they move it under Entertainment to hide
> the
> losses?) division.

Right here he lies, spams, spins, and makes claims he can't support.

If MS was the kind of company he (and other cola idiots) claim it is, they
would never have extended the XBox 360 warranty to one year, retroactive,
and compensated those who incurred repair costs on their 90-day warranteed
360s.

Roy Schestowitz is a lying, spamming idiot.

> In this case, the XBox 360 does have a high failure rate.

In what case?

Unless you know the performance of all XBox 360s, or a statistically
significant sample size, you're just blowing smoke.

Maybe it does have a high failure rate - but MS extended the warranty and is
fixing them quickly.

> There was a
> nasty article about it in the Seattle Times about this guy in Nevada
> that purchased 10 of them for his arcade palace.  9 out of 10 failed
> in less than a month and M$ at first wasn't about to honor the
> warranty. But they finally did.  But having 9 out of 10 fail is
> pretty dismal for any kind of electronics product.

Totally unacceptable, as is 30% to 50%.  At those rates, I would expect
heads to roll, and the units (of whatever) to be redesigned.