Re: [News] Microsoft Wants to Control Phone Industry Too

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?xml=/money/2007/03/25/cnmsoft25.xml

> Monopolies that know no limits. ISP, electricity, hardware, gaming
> consoles, media players, peripherals, _oh!_... and some software as well.

Video phones didn't really take off in the UK. Amstrad used to do one, I had
one of those Amstrad phones, but I never did a video call on it because of
cause I was the only person I knew that had one (and I already know what I
look like). I let the kids play games on it once, but I stopped that when I
saw the first bill.

But now it can be done online I wonder if they will be any long term market
for anything of this sort. Unless their intention is to link to the online
phones. Then you are stuck again with the only down side of those things,
in my view, that the different VoIP's don't want to share their customers.