Re: [News] More Shuffling of Executives in Microsoft Amid Unexpected Departures

Basic entrepreneurial theory says start your thing, ride it to
the top, take your stuff, and get clear.  Seems to me, this is
just what Gates has done.  FUD, vendor lockin, the EEE
strategy, and a generally ignorant market all had their time
and Windows was designed to use it.  That time has passed
and in my view, Microsoft and Windows are in for a hard time
of  restructuring, market loss, and the resistance of an inner
social structure and business culture that will sincerely not
like the new reality.  What comes now will be interesting, and
Gates won't be in it for he saw the future and cleared out.

I think changes in Washington will be a factor in Microsoft's
'evolution,' but I have no belief the Washington people can
get their act together in ways good for the country.   ...But
that's another topic.

Cheers -- Martha Adams     [cola 2007 Mar 24]