Re: [News] "Windows is Going Away"

> The Death of Windows
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| "World Domination. Fast." The quote is attibuted to Linus, from back
>| in December of 1994, when asked about his plans for Linux.  It has
>| turned into a meme for Linux, and often written off as a joke.  It
>| isn't a joke, it is fast becoming reality.
> `----
>
> http://technocrat.net/d/2007/3/23/16712

It's a good article, but some of the talkbacks seem to be about as
ill-informed as our Microsoft munchkins are here.  The first one, in
particular, completely missed the point with respect to the economics
of open-source, thus fails to recognise that the GPL has been key to
the continued success of Linux, and that using a BSD or other licence
simply would not have worked.