[News] Microsoft Bribing PS3 Buyers with Beer?

Microsoft NZ Tease Sony

,----[ Quote ]
| To commemorate the Xbox 360's 1st birthday in NZ (which it now
| shares with Sony's PLAYSTATION 3), the good people at DB sent a
| special present consisting of many a beer bottle to GamePlanet's
| Auckland store. To be precise, $480-worth of beer, which
| incidentally is the exact price difference between the Xbox 360
| (RRP$719.95) and the PLAYSTATION 3 ($1199.95).
`----

http://www.nzgamer.com/news-all-1668

Microsoft Crash PS3 Launch Party In France

,----[ Quote ]
| Right in the middle of the official PS3 launch party in France, a
| huge boat with banners reading "Xbox 360 Loves You" floated
| downstream, interrupting the festivities and making several
| PS3 fanboys cry.
`----

http://www.gwn.com/news/story.php/id/11831/Microsoft_Crash_PS3_Launch_Party_In_France.html

As usual, they inflitrate someone else's territory and event.

Related:

"Microsoft seems to have hijacked Linux Asia"

,----[ Quote ]
| Was the general feel amongst the attendees at Linux Asia 2007;
| MS however, just wanted to say ''let us walk hand-in-hand''
`----

http://www.ciol.com/content/developer/Linux/2007/107020104.asp

INQhack survives Vistability test in Volesville

,----[ Quote ]
| The Vole (Microsoft) supposedly invited The INQ over for tea because
| we are notorious "Microsoft doubters" - and we were accompanied by
| other supposed Vole doubters such as the folk from lifehacker and
| a very nice man from Slashdot, as well as some Microsoft MvPs.

Microsoft desperately wants my love -- and yours

,----[ Quote ]
| I spent December seventh, eighth, and ninth in Seattle as Microsoft's
| guest. Microsoft flew me there from Florida at its expense, put me up
| in a nice hotel, provided decent food, and comped me and four other
| invitees to this "special conference" with presentations about the
| marvels of Vista and other recent or upcoming Microsoft products. They
| didn't quite play the old Beatles song "Love Me Do" in the background,
| but it was the event's unstated theme.

Just a few among many examples. They attend everything that's Open Source and
try to buy (lure in) people's love. They also hand out laptops.