[News] Microsoft Worst Performing in Ad Revenue Growth?

Google, Yahoo, AOL, MSN: Big on Internet Advertising

,----[ Quote ]
| According to data aggregator eMarketer, U.S. ad revenues at Google,
| Yahoo, AOL  and MSN represented 57.4% of all U.S.
| Internet ad spending in 2006. Further, they estimate that the big
| will only get bigger, reaching 66.6% in 2007.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070323/30421_id.html?.v=1

It seems as though MSN is the slowest in recent growth. Articles have been
suggesting that the Division lacks direction and, more recently, amid the
executive departures and shuffles, advertisement and search got merged
(IIRC).

Related:

Microsoft Bug Pumps Up Web Ad Costs

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corp. said Friday it fixed a glitch in its online
| advertising platform that overcharged some merchants by hundreds,
| and in some cases thousands, of dollars.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070223/microsoft_adcenter.html?.v=1

OS Advertising: Why Microsoft Is Still Lagging Behind

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft, Time to Join Reality. I understand that Microsoft has no
| desire to take "jab style" commercials at Apple. Fine, but you had
| better clue into one thing: what you were doing with XP marketing
| was light years better than what has happened with Vista.
`----

http://www.osweekly.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2476&Itemid=449
http://tinyurl.com/2eqfye

November 17 - The Metro