Re: [News] Paul Allen's Windows System is Dead on Arrival

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Friday 23 March 2007 23:48 \__

>> Review: the Little Laptop That Can't
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | I wanted to write this review on the FlipStart -- I really did. But
>> | after a few sentences, my wrists hurt, my thumbs felt clumsier
>> | than ever, my eyes were scrunched and my shoulders were hunched.
>> | When the pricey FlipStart hits the market the last week of March,
>> | I bet I won't be the only average consumer who takes a pass.
>> `----
>>
>> http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070322/tech_test_flipstart.html?.v=1
>>
>> It seemed like an overpriced disaster waiting to happen when it was first
>> introduced to the press last week. I was eagerly anticipating the first
>> review, which confirms everything.
>
> Eeek! $1,999 for a 1.1GHz CPU running ... Vista! In only 512MB of RAM???
>
> I don't think so.

Don't forget how much RAM we all need (at most). Paul's colleague once told
us something, then inflated that by 3 orders of magnitude and made that the
bare minimum, which some argue is only a quarter of what's needed for
pragmatic use.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: just set it and forget about it
Cpu(s):  23.4% user,   4.6% system,   0.9% nice,  71.1% idle