Re: NOVL catches a break

__/ [ Geico Caveman ] on Tuesday 20 March 2007 19:24 \__

> John Bailo wrote:
>

>> They got their stay of execution from being delisted and what seems like
>> a favorable ruling:
>>
>> http://biz.yahoo.com/e/070320/novl8-k.html
>>
>> "the Listing Council had called for review the January 9, 2007 decision
>> of the Panel and had determined to stay the Panel's decision and any
>> future Panel determinations to suspend Novell's securities from trading
>> pending further action by the Listing Council."
>>

>> Nice run up today:
>>
>> http://finance.yahoo.com/q?d=t&s=NOVL
>
> Don't bother Bailo. As you can personally attest, just talking up the stock
> is not going to help these traitors.

To quote someone who should know:

http://weblog.infoworld.com/openresource/archives/2007/03/novell_responds.html#comments

"You don't have to believe me. You can listen to what the market thinks:
http://finance.google.com/finance?q=NOVL. Take a look at the 5-year results.
The only time the market has believed Novell's Linux story is when we
started it. Since then, quarter after quarter, Novell has failed to impress.

Bruce's thoughtful response notwithstanding, I'm still not convinced. I guess
I talk to too many Novellites. I'm not convinced that all the Linux revenues
is direct Linux revenue. And what "other distributions" would Novell be
taking paid Linux revenues from? Caldera? Or...Netware? Or what? I respect
your defense of Novell. I used to have to do that, too. Did it for three
years.

But, again, you need not believe me. You can look at what the market thinks.
Not very much."

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "The only source is Open Source"
roy      pts/3                         Fri Mar 23 09:52 - 09:52  (00:00)