[News] Microsoft Fan Angered by Vista, Will Upgrade to Linux

Dear Microsoft [Letter from a Windows fan, about Vista]

,----[ Quote ]
| Please take Microsoft Vista, and shove it up your collective asses.  I
| hope you choke on it like I am choking on your freedom-limiting and
| stifled code.  As for me, when you stop supporting XP, at that time I
| will go Linux or any other free, open source software that will allow
| me to do with my machine WHAT I WANT TO DO WITH MY MACHINE without
| your Orwellian code.  I have reverted back to XP, will never upgrade
| until DRM and other such garbage is totally eliminated from the code,
| or until such time as hacks finally defeat your code, and I can get
| my hands on  the hacked code.  Even hacked code is better than yours,
| and that says volumes.
|
| Bill Gates, et al, why don't you go blow the RIAA -- all of them.
`----

http://www.strike-the-root.com/71/tudor/tudor2.html

Related:

Vista - Even The Experts Are Giving Up On It

,----[ Quote ]
| This may be a time for people to explore alternatives like Mac or even
| Linux. I just installed PCLinuxOS 2007 beta on a test system and right
| out of the box (actually, it's a free download), it worked perfectly.
| Go figure. And, again, it's FREE!
`----

http://www.lockergnome.com/nexus/blade/2007/02/28/vista-even-the-experts-are-giving-up-on-it/

An Open Letter To Jim Allchin (from Chris Pirillo)

,----[ Quote ]
| Jim,
|
| Congratulations! Seriously. I'm glad that you finally got Windows
| Vista out the door, but I'm equally as thrilled to know that you're
| working on releasing SP1 by the end of this year.
`----

http://blendout.blogspot.com/2007/03/open-letter-to-jim-allchin-from-chris.html

Vista's UI is Better Than This!?

,----[ Quote ]
| Watch and drool. By the way, you can try this on your own PC right now!
| I'm not yet sure how to unlock every one of these visual effects, but
| damn - XGL is impressive...
`----

http://chris.pirillo.com/2006/09/06/vistas-ui-is-better-than-this/

Vista backlash grows; key advocate moves back to XP

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://gracefulflavor.net/2007/03/06/vista-backlash-grows-key-advocate-moves-back-to-xp/
http://tinyurl.com/2ldrbe