Re: Microsoft Windows ousted at California school district

  • Subject: Re: Microsoft Windows ousted at California school district
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 04:31:06 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ peterwn ] on Friday 23 March 2007 01:04 \__

> On Mar 23, 9:36 am, John Bailo <jaba...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Microsoft Windows ousted at California school district
>
>> By this summer, all 5,000 students and 250 teachers will be working off
>> of a Linux-based thin client running OpenOffice.org, and the majority of
>> the district's servers will be running Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise
>> Server. "
>
> Oh!  Did the BSA conduct one audit too many at the busiest and most
> awkward time of the school year?

When schools in Indiana moved to Linux, Microsoft conducted a 'study' to show
that Indiana kids actually prefer using Windows. I think the whack-a-mole
game is over though. Too many mole. Too quickly.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Data lacking semantics is currency in an island