Re: Novell: Will Thin Desktops Equal Fat Profits?

  • Subject: Re: Novell: Will Thin Desktops Equal Fat Profits?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 23:53:40 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ John Bailo ] on Thursday 22 March 2007 21:38 \__

> John Bailo wrote:
>>
>> http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070322/30326_id.html?.v=1
>>

>> The VAR Guy submits: Novell (NasdaqGS: NOVL) is quietly launching a thin
>> client offensive with Wyse Technology. Although I have criticized many
>> of Novell's recent moves, this thin client approach is super smart.
>>

>> In a recent chat, the newly appointed Wyse CEO Tarkan Maner described to
>> me how thin clients have, indeed, found a home on millions of corporate
>> desktops. JP Morgan Chase is deploying 50,000 Wyse thin clients. Other
>> true believers include Merrill Lynch and Morgan Stanley, Maner says. In
>> the retail sector, Wal-Mart plans to use 100,000 Wyse thin clients,
>> according to Maner.
>>
>> Now, imagine if a hefty number of those thin clients ran a specialized
>> version of Novell SuSE Linux. It could happen, folks, thanks to a
>> relationship between Wyse and Novell.
>

> Microsoft Ousted in CA School District by Wyse Thin Clients running
> Novell SUSE

http://searchenterpriselinux.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid39_gci1245710,00.html

Bear in mind that VAR Guy (he's hanging around in Digg and uses
sensationalist headlines) is not a technical guy, but more of an analyst. He
has some connections in the industry, but don't count on his assessment of
technology.

Now that he sends copies from his site/blog to Seeking Alpha he gets on the
financial feeds, but it doesn't add credibility to the arguments.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "I blame God for making me an atheist"
roy      pts/3                         Thu Mar 22 22:58 - 22:58  (00:00)